There are some interesting and unusual things happening in the sky at the moment. Right now we are right between two eclipses, the first of which was a partial solar eclipse in Scorpio on the 25th, and the next will be a lunar eclipse in Taurus around the North Node on the 9th of November. Not only are we dealing with the eclipse season, but Mars has just stationed retrograde in Gemini, and will spend an unusually long time in Gemini.
Eclipses are known to be unpredictable and unstable energies, and as we move towards a Taurus eclipse the feeling may be to make haste, take action and add comments to the ongoing discussions, though I would rather advise against it. Sometimes holding your tongue is a way to reserve energy. There are plenty of moments where it's important to get on the soap box and speak your truth, but with this energy, it may simply be too draining to do so. It doesn't help if it falls on deaf ears. You are better off journaling and reflecting on how you wish to move forward.
Take the lessons of the bull and spend time chewing on the cud, unless of course you are presented with an offer that is simply too good to pass up - this is also possible in this weather. Grounding is the keyword here. Keep your feet on the earth. Remind yourself of your goals and why you are taking action. Some incredible opportunities may show up and you will need the strength of the earth and your embeddedness in your self-belief to give you the confidence to grab the right opportunity. Remember that confidence is not about having no fear, rather it is about facing fear - most especially the fear that you are not good enough.
I recently heard an explanation of fear on the podcast Psychic Evolution, hosted by Jamie and Maggie Clark, that feels resonant here: Fear is simply False Energy Appearing Real. So the idea of not being good enough is simply a false energy that seems like it's real. Facing that, and stepping into knowing the truth, that you are worthy, is so powerful. This is a great seed of knowledge to spread around with Mars-retrograde energy.
Mars is not especially at its best in Gemini, so this retrograde season will have some challenges. Life without challenges, however, would cause a stalemate. There are so many blessings within the adverse - so let’s unpack a little.
Gemini, ruled by Mercury, the archetype of communication, may make this Mars retrograde somewhat reminiscent of a Mercury retrograde - except it lasts longer. If pollen particles were ideas, we could think of Gemini as the busy bee spreading information here and there. And much like a bee - which we can conceptualize as a part of the hive as opposed to being an individual - there may be a lack of thought at times. This is not to say that Geminis are not individuals (they are more like 4 million individuals in one), but rather that often ideas are shared and actions are taken before due thought processes have been initiated.
Some things to watch out for during this retrograde which ends January 12th, 2023:
- Gossip: don’t believe everything you hear. Consider the consequences before spreading an unverified ‘fact’ or story. Would you like people to say that about you? Is it kind?
- Filters: practice thinking about and feeling into things before sharing them with others. People will be more reactive than normal. Your activated wit and sharp mind will be better used consciously.
- Over-committing: practice saying “can I feel into that?” instead of just launching into “yes”. Before you know it, you may have taken on too much and you don’t want to be that person who pulls out at the last minute due to burnout - although pulling out is certainly better than compromising your well-being.
- Scattered energy: the feeling that you have too much going on and at the same time like you are not doing enough (native Geminis feel like this all the time). Practice the affirmation - “All things happen as they should in perfect timing. I am enough as I am. What I can do is enough. I am prioritizing rest in between things and reflecting on my actions and thought processes. I trust in the divine flow”.
- For the singles out there: Watch out for shallow flings where empty words are woven with little thought. Enjoy the flirtatiousness but don't believe the smooth talker on the other end too quickly. That is not to say that they are lying, but rather that they are flowing with the current energy. Shield yourself from unnecessary broken heart moments and allow romantic interactions to be playful as opposed to serious. We can get serious later down the line.
- For those in relationships: strive to be more understanding of the words that are said by your loved ones. Allow space for listening, seeing, and acknowledging. Respond thoughtfully. Navigate conversations with a sense of presence. Remind yourself why you are with this person before you have those challenging conversations.
Some helpful practices for navigating this energy:
- Commit to your meditation practice, whatever that looks like for you - and hey you might even try a different form of meditation every day to keep that Gemini energy satiated. The more time you practice being present with what is, without the need to judge, label, or categorize, the less likely you will be to get swept away in the flurry and chaos. This will be the backbone of your coping mechanisms.
- Practice listing 10 things every morning that you can be grateful about. Add new things to your list every day. This will help you to stay embedded in an outlook that says “life is for me”. Moaning about capitalism, racism, sexism, etc. is not healthy for your state of mind, particularly in the Gemini Mars Retrograde. I am not advocating ignorance of these realms for they are there, but does it feel nice to give your power over to these hegemonic energies? The realms of magic, synchronicity, and self-empowerment are also there and I recommend spending more time in that space.
- Physical release: anxiety and a compromised nervous system will be flaring up and the disease of worrying about the opinions of others will be particularly potent. There is a beautiful blessing hidden here - the opportunity to let go of the need to impress others to rather be centered within yourself and to live true to who you are. Some kind of physical practice will be particularly potent for working through this energy. This may include yoga, pilates, tai chi, running, cross-fit, or whatever resonates for you. Be sure to set an intention before in order to make it particularly magical. Breathwork is also always a powerful tool.
- Listen to your dreams: they will be very telling in terms of what is bothering you, what needs forgiving and releasing and what you should focus on. If you would like to learn how to work consciously with your dreams then come and join the Dreamwork program.
- I always check the planetary movements and positions with the help of https://www.astro-seek.com/
- Find the podcast Psychic evolutions here: https://www.psychicevolution.net/
- Join the dreamwork program here: https://www.lunascention.com/programs-courses/dreamwork-program